It’s June. The flowers are blooming, the weather is finally nice (for most of us). Instead of being woken up by my son at 5 am every morning, I now get woken up by a chorus of birds at 4 am. These are all signs that spring is in the air. That means that Father’s Day is right around the corner.
If your husband is anything like mine, he ignores all the prompting for clues of what he may want. I think in reality, if we aren’t getting him another piece to his train set (that just sits in the basement and never gets used), then he really doesn’t care what he gets. And, if your Dad is anything like mine, after 37 Father’s Days he pretty much got everything you can imagine. So it’s always a challenge coming up with ideas.
Here are some of my favorite past presents; quirky and fun, but surpringly useful:
1. SuckUK magnetic bottle opener – This was the all-time best and most-used present. I got it for my husband a few years ago and he uses it everyday. There’s no fumbling around in drawers to find a bottle opener. And it’s got an awesome name.
2. Electric Fly Swatter – This is one of those presents for the Dad who has everything. It’s especially nice if he hate bugs.
3. Blooming flower tea – I got this for my dad, who loves tea, a few years ago. The tea actually tasted kind of gross, but it looks really cool.
4. Bottle opener flip flops – I actually have a pair of these, and so does my brother. If he didn’t already have a pair, this is what I would get him for Father’s Day. They are so handy when you’re at the beach or a barbecue.
5. Digital meat thermometer – Although, my husband still refuses to use it (he thinks he will just know when the steak is done), it is very handy. Being a vegetarian, I’m not really interested in his undercooked burgers, but I use the thermometer to make sure he doesn’t get himself or anyone else sick. I guess that’s really my gift to him.
So, what will it be this year? I haven’t decided yet. But I have a few things in mind. Do you have any fun ideas for Father’s Day presents? I’d love to hear about them.