Do you give out treats on Halloween? Or are you one of those people that turns out the lights and pretends you’re not home? Here’s a tip if you’re hiding: You’re not fooling anyone. The kids know your there. It’s understandable if you don’t want to participate in the evening. It’s a scary night. Once the sugar-high kicks in those cute ghouls and ghosts turn into crazy monsters. Here are some non-sugary treats that I like to give out, that won’t bust your wallet, or leave the trick-or-treaters wishing you actually were hiding.
- Pretzels – Utz sells small bags of mini pretzels just for Halloween – most of the stores carry them.
- Goldfish – you can buy snack packs of the goldfish crackers
- Fruit Leather
- Boxes of raisins
- Mini-bags of nuts/sunflower seeds
For the Young Kids:
- Stickers and window clings – The little kids really like the stickers of movie charaters ala Toy Story and Cars. You can cut the sheets in half to have more to go around.
- Mini Play-doh – These are a little more expensive. Save these for the really little ones
- Mini bubbles
For the Older Kids:
- Pencils/pens – you can get pencils in so many themes (sports teams, movie characters, flowers, dinosaurs, etc.). If you plan ahead you can buy them online in bulk packs of 25-100. If you don’t plan ahead they sell special Halloween themed pencil eraser set at most drug stores.
- Mini Erasers
And, you can always find more ideas at your local dollar store.
- Halloween Isn’t Just About the Candy (usnews.com)